Monday, October 17, 2016

Not Cutting It

For EVOL Devo rider Ian McPherson, neither his racing or his hair were cutting it at Valmont


The weekend of racing in Boulder was not the weekend of racing that I would have liked it to have been. I have put a lot of training and conditioning into my preseason, but was unable to respond to attacks or make attacks. I was tenth on the first day gaining one UCI point, and then fifth in the U23 race the next day gaining a few more points. Both of those results are not where I think I should be. I think the basics are all there, I just need to fine tune some of my skills and work on my high end power. I was not cornering or accelerating at the pace I felt I should.  

I did have a very enjoyable weekend though. I always enjoy racing, especially in my home town. Everyone comes out to support and heckle. I was told many times that my hair is too long and I need to shave my mustache. It reminds me how much I love the sport of cyclocross. All and all, at Boulder my results were not cutting it. And my hair, I’m not cutting it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment